- 100,000,000 – This is the average number of sperm cells produced per ejaculate from a healthy male. Scientists have recorded amounts as high as 1.2 billion sperm in a single ejaculate!
- 15 – According to a 2010 report from the World Health Organization, if a man produces fewer than 15 million sperm per ejaculate, he may encounter infertility issues.
- 0.5 – All of those spermatozoon are contained in a typical ejaculate volume of around 0.5 – 1 teaspoon.
- 2,000 – Sperm have to travel a distance that is around 2,000 times their own length to reach your egg.
- 120 – Sperm move at about 25 times the length of their body per second. By comparison, a human would have to swim around 120 mph to move that fast.
- 5 – 6 and 2.5 – 3.5 – A sperm with proper morphology (shape) will have an oval-shaped head that’s between 5 – 6 micrometers long and 2.5 – 3.5 micrometers wide. That’s really tiny and really precise.
- 90 – The number of days it takes to completely refresh sperm, and thus the time it takes for them to benefit from positive lifestyle and dietary changes. Those 15 million sperm will need the proper shape (head, body, and tail) and strong motility (ability to move quickly) in order to have an optimal chance of a healthy conception.
Our partner Proxeed® plus offers a prenatal male fertility supplement designed to provide key nutrients needed for healthy sperm development.
The ingredients in Proxeed® plus are supported by 30 years5, 17-20 of clinical studies and have been shown to safely provide the nourishment that’s so vital for the development of optimal sperm health.
Because of the time it takes them to refresh, improvements in sperm development could take as much as three months. Learn more about Proxeed® plus now so you can see positive changes sooner.
- 1677 – This is the year sperm cells were first observed by Antony van Leeuwenhoek, a microscope-maker. It was thought that there was a tiny human kept inside the head of sperm, who would slowly grow inside the womb.
- 1879 – It took 202 years, but in 1879 the fertilization process was proven, and the interaction between sperm and egg finally became clear.
- 525 – Billion, that is. Some reports have estimated that’s how many sperm cells a male will produce over the course of his lifetime.
- 5 – Sperm can live for around 5 days within your cervical fluid as they eagerly wait to come in contact with an egg and create a zygote.
- 1 : 2,000 – It’s estimated that around 1 in 2,000 men who receive a vasectomy are still able to cause a pregnancy. Now those are some strong swimmers!
- 50% – Infertility is truly a two-way street, with half of known instances of infertility having the male partner as a contributor.
- 1 – The number of sperm cells that are needed to reach your egg in order to begin the process of forming a child. It takes so many healthy cells, traveling so quickly, for so many days, all just to make that one special connection.
You’re making lots of positive changes to improve your chances, now’s the time to start talking to your other half about the positive changes they can make for a healthy conception!
Consider starting to use Proxeed® plus now, to improve his sperm health for later. Proxeed plus prenatal male fertility supplement has scientifically-proven ingredients that have been supporting men’s reproductive health for decades. Tap below to learn even more about male factor fertility, and be sure to use the code OVIA10 to take $10 off your order of Proxeed plus.
Save on Proxeed plus
This ad is brought to you by Proxeed