Suggested ad (Pampers)
A registry is a fantastic tool for growing families, especially when you make one based on your personal needs. What’s essential for your registry will depend on what you already own, what you can borrow or get handed down, and your lifestyle. Your registry is like your fingerprint, unique to just you.
When you start building your personalized registry, here are some essential things to keep in mind to make sure you have everything you need when your little one arrives.
Ways to get around
How will you go from A all the way over to B?
- A good stroller: If you’ll be taking any strolls with your newborn, you’ll want him to be comfortable and safe. Based on where you live, give some thought to the roughest ground you’ll cover and the worst weather you’ll face.
- A carrier: A carrier can be a good alternative to a stroller, especially if you aren’t traveling by foot for long distances. Also, keeping your baby close while hanging out at home is a great for soothing and bonding.
- A car seat: Even if you don’t own a car, do you use ridesharing services like Uber or Lyft? Almost every family can benefit from having a safe car seat.
Furniture, but for babies
What makes a nursery more than just another room?
- Crib mattress/protector: You know you need a crib, but also consider getting a good mattress and mattress protectors. When babies sleep well, moms do too.
- Rocker/glider: Many moms find a rocker to be more than just a luxury. It can help you soothe a fussy baby and even make nursing easier.
- Changing table/pad: Having a designated changing area is a really important part of any space you use as a nursery. Whether you pick up a dedicated changing table or use a pad on a dresser, register for something reliable.
Diaper changing must-haves
So you’ve got a space for changing diapers, what goes in it?
- Odor-proof diaper pail: You’ll rely on your diaper pail many times a day. Choose one that is easy to clean and will keep odor under control.
- Diapers you can rely on: Pampers Swaddlers provide Pampers best comfort and protection. They are blankie soft and have a unique Absorb-Away liner that pull wetness and mess away from your baby’s skin, to help keep your newborn comfortable. They also have a color-changing wetness indicator that lets you know when your baby might need a change. As the #1 Choice of Hospitals*, Pampers Swaddlers are a great addition to any registry.
- Wipes: Besides having a great diaper, the next best way to prevent diaper rash is to keep your baby’s skin clean and dry. You’ll go through lots of wipes (at least as many as diapers), so having some on your registry is a great idea. It’s worth noting that Pampers Sensitive Baby Wipes are also the #1 choice of hospitals*!
What does your feeding plan look like?
- Nursing pillow: Breastfeeding is a lot more comfortable with a nursing pillow, especially when you’re feeling tired.
- Bottles: It can often take a couple of different bottles before you find one that works for your baby. Consider putting a few bottle brands on your registry so you can test them out.
- Freezer bags: On those days when you are lucky enough to make extra milk, having a way to store it will make future feeding easier.
Creating your registry is a great opportunity to take stock and really give some thought to your future needs.
Learn more about Pampers Swaddlers
This ad is brought to you by Pampers
*Based on hospital sales data