Page 1 of 5
Slideshow: Which crib mattress is right for your baby?
Finding the right crib mattress for a little one is challenging, so we outlined the features to consider.
Page 2 of 5
The classic crib mattress
Classic crib mattresses are the tried and true, long time favorites that have been keeping babies safe and parents happy for years and years. Features that define a classic mattress are:
- Firmness through the use of durable steel coils, border wire, and other core upgrades
- Cushioning support that is firm enough for infants and comfortable enough for toddlers to create better sleep
- A cover with an easy-clean waterproof surface to keep liquids, odors, and germs from clinging to the mattress.
Page 3 of 5
The natural crib mattress
Natural crib mattresses are for families who value natural and organic materials that are gentle on babies and the planet. You can recognize a natural crib mattress by:
- Natural materials like organic cotton, soybean foam, soybean cool gel, and plastic-free cotton covers
- Seals like Greenguard Gold and tests that pass the Children’s Safe Products Act & Chemicals of High Concern Regulations
If creating a luxurious sleeping environment for your baby while doing a solid for the planet is something you’re into, take a look at the Sealy Soybean Plush Foam-Core and Sealy Healthy Dream 2-Stage Hybrid.
Page 4 of 5
The innovative crib mattress
The next generation of crib mattresses uses the best aspects of nature and science to offer news types of comfort and cleanliness for babies. Newer technologies include:
- Cool gel
- Sensory coils
- Airflow-designed layering