Carrots are an excellent source of Vitamin A, which is among the most important fertility nutrients as it’s needed to help you produce healthy eggs, so this garlicky roasted carrot soup is an excellent choice when TTC. Even if you’re not trying to conceive? It’s pretty darn tasty.
Try this carrot soup with garlic
- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 5 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp. canola or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. curry
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, woody stems removed
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Toss onions, carrots, and garlic with the oil and then evenly spread on a large rimmed sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and add roasted veggies to a medium soup pot – add spices, salt (to taste), thyme, and water. Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or in batches in your blender with the top vented.
- Ladle into bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste and additional thyme if desired.
Image and carrot soup recipe reprinted with permission from www.sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com and www.healthyaperture.com