With a bit of Vitamin C and a world of taste, these cranberry orange scones will help keep your immune system strong. A strong immune system is good for everyone, and, if you’re TTC, particularly important before you head into pregnancy.
This recipe for cranberry orange scones is good for TTC
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 Tbsp. of orange zest
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 6 Tbsp. of butter (chilled), cut into small pea size pieces
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup of vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, orange zest, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Use a pastry blender or two knives, cut butter until it resembles small peas, and then add the butter to flour mixture.
- Stir in the cranberries.
- In a small bowl, mix together the egg and yogurt.
- Stir the yogurt mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Dump the dough onto a work surface and “knead” 3-4 times (as much as you can, as it will be very crumbly).
- Pat into a circle about 1/2 an inch thick.
- Cut into 10-12 wedges and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Image and recipe for scones reprinted with permission from www.joyfulhealthyeats.com and www.healthyaperture.com