Everybody deserves a treat. And this one tastes decadent, but thanks to the avocado – full of folic acid, healthy fats, and fiber – it’s plenty nutritious too!
A recipe for healthy and decadent truffle balls
- ⅔ cup avocado, mashed (about 1 large)
- ¼ cup 2 Tbsp chocolate protein powder of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (omit if you just want straight up chocolate)
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Blend the avocado in a food processor until very smooth.
- Add in the protein powder, vanilla extract, and almond extract, then blend until well combined.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips for about 1½ minutes, stirring every 20 seconds, until the chips are melted.
- Add the avocado mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and until very well mixed.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and place the sweetened coconut flakes in shallow plate.
- Using a small cookie scoop the scoop the mixture and roll around in your hands to create even balls.
- Roll each ball around in the coconut flakes and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Image and healthy truffle balls recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodfaithfitness.com and www.healthyaperture.com