If you’re going to be eating delicious chocolatey treats, they might as well have some protein in them! Almond butter, whole wheat flour, and flaxseed are just a few of the good-for-you ingredients packed into these rich cookies.
Eat all the almond butter chocolate chip cookies or share?
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses (like blackstrap)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and 3/4 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a non-stick mat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut oil, applesauce, almond milk, coconut sugar, molasses, flaxseed, arrowroot, and vanilla extract.
- Mix in whole wheat pastry flour, almond flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined. Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet, leaving an inch between each. Flatten in a criss cross pattern with the tines of a fork.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until edges are golden. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Image and almond butter chocolate chip cookies recipe reprinted with permission from www.wholepurerecipes.com and www.healthyaperture.com