This simple salad is a fertility-friendly powerhouse. The spinach is packed with iron and folate, and the pomegranates are packed with antioxidants. And with a sweet and spicy dressing? It couldn’t be better!
Sweet and spicy winter spinach salad
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 apple
- ¼ cup pomegranate
- ¼ cup quinoa (dry)
- handful of fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sriracha
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions (about 15 minutes).
- While cooking, wash spinach and cut into bite sized pieces. Dice the apple. Chop the cilantro.
- Let the quinoa cool down while preparing the dressing. Juice half an orange or use store bought orange juice. Mix with honey, olive oil, and sriracha.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients, add the dressing, and enjoy!
Image and winter spinach salad recipe reprinted with permission from www.with-an-open-mind.com and www.healthyaperture.com