Lasagna noodles play a supporting role in this rich, tomato-based soup brimming with zucchini and mushrooms. Topped with parmesan cheese, this savory dish hits the spot when you’re craving some veggies. Even better? All those vegetables are full of the vitamins and minerals that your body needs to make healthy eggs and regulate your cycle – and, if you’re TTC, all those goodies also help to get your body in the best shape possible for pregnancy.
Fertility recipe for vegetarian lasagna with veggies
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup diced yellow onion
- 1½ cups diced white mushrooms
- 1 whole zucchini, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 carton (32oz) vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 lasagna noodles (uncooked), broken into small pieces
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large stock pot, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic, and then cook them for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the zucchini, and cook another 2 minutes.
- Pour in the wine, and cook another minute.
- To the vegetable and wine mixture, add the vegetable broth, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, garlic salt, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, and basil.
- Cook the soup over medium low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the uncooked, broken-up pieces of lasagna noodles to the soup, and then cook for another 15 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
- Turn off the heat, and then stir in the grated parmesan cheese.
- Serve in bowls topped with more parmesan cheese, if desired.
Image and vegetarian lasagna recipe reprinted with permission from www.reciperunner.com and www.healthyaperture.com