Not only are tomato, basil, and garlic a classic flavor combination, these nutritious goodies are loaded with vitamins A and C. Served on warm, crusty bread, this bruschetta makes a great appetizer for your next get-together – or just a fresh and comforting treat for you.
Nutrient-packed bruschetta recipe with garlic
- 3 tomatoes, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 loaf crusty baguette
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Core your tomatoes and then dice them into tiny pieces. Add to a bowl.
- Add your chopped basil and minced garlic.
- Add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar.
- Stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the baguette.
- Add olive oil to a skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add your baguette slices.
- Toast over the olive oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Top your toast with the tomato basil mixture and serve.
Image and bruschetta recipe reprinted with permission from www.pleaseyourmaninthekitchen.blogspot.com and www.healthyaperture.com