Talk about sneaky substitutions: The ‘rice’ in this fried rice is actually grated cauliflower – and nothing against rice, but we don’t mind! This dish is full of delicious veggies and fertility-boosting vitamins and minerals. And once you prep the veggies – some dicing here, some mincing here, some shredding there – it’s also incredibly easy, cooking up in just about 15 minutes.
Try the light cauliflower fried rice with others
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
- 3 cups cauliflower, grated
- 2 eggs, scrambled
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- cilantro, chopped (optional)
- To a large pan, add olive oil, onions, and garlic. Cook on medium heat 2-3 minutes.
- Add frozen peas and carrots. Cook 3-5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower, eggs, and soy sauce. Stir frequently. Cook another 5-7 minutes or until most of the liquid is evaporated. Enjoy!
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.aloveafare.com and www.healthyaperture.com