Sweet potatoes are among the foods highest in Vitamin A, which is vital for your body to produce the healthiest eggs it can, and just about everything tastes great in burger-form, so give it a go!
Sweet potato burgers made the right way
- 1 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large sweet potato (peeled, diced)
- 1 large clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sweet corn
- 3 heaping tablespoons of kidney beans (or other type of bean)
- 6 tablespoons breadcrumbs (careful not all breadcrumbs are vegan)
- 1/4 cup plain soy yogurt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 435F (225C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat Olive Oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Add onion, sweet potato, and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and place sweet potato,onion,and garlic into a medium sized bowl. Add spices and mash ingredients together. Set aside for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Add corn, beans, and breadcrumbs to somewhat cooled sweet potato mixture. Mix well with hands and form into 4 large or 6 medium sized patties.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes on one side, flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While burgers are in the oven make your yogurt sauce by combining yogurt with spices to your taste. Start with a little of each spice and slowly add more until sauce is to your liking.
- Remove burgers from oven, serve on buns with onions, tomato, lettuce and sauce, and enjoy.
Sweet potato burgers image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.veganfamilyrecipes.com and www.healthyaperture.com