Quinoa – so hot these days. This crock pot quinoa and veggie stew is sure to help give your fertility a boost with all of the folate that your body needs to get to its peak fertility, and help develop your early pregnancy once you conceive.
Yum: it’s crock pot quinoa and veggie stew for dinner
- 1 large onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 large potatoes
- 3 zucchini / courgettes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 300 g (10.6 oz) sweet tomatoes, like cherry tomatoes
- 1 can of cannellini beans (or baked beans)
- 150 g (5.3 oz) quinoa
- 3 bay leaves
- 700 ml (23.6 oz fl) water
- extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste
- Peel and cut all the vegetables into small pieces.
- Fry the onion with plenty of olive oil, then add the garlic after a few minutes.
- When the onions are golden, add all the vegetables with the bay leaves and 700 ml of water.
- Stir and continue to cook over a low heat for 1 hour and 20 minutes (but add the beans after 40 minutes of cooking time).
- When the vegetables are cooked add the quinoa, then stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and cover with a lid. Season with a little olive oil, salt, pepper and serve after 5 minutes.
Crock pot quinoa and veggie stew image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodfulife.com and www.healthyaperture.com