Research out of the United Kingdom indicates that eating brussel sprouts can greatly help your chances of conceiving, as they are packed with folate and other fertility-boosting nutrients – give this recipe a try!
Yum: Try this stir fry brussel sprouts with garlic
- 3 cups halved brussels sprouts
- 2-3 tbs vegetable oil
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced garlic
- 2 tbs oyster sauce
- 2 tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoons sugar
- Pinch of pepper
- 1/4 cup low-salt chicken broth
- Blanch brussels sprouts in a large pot of boiling salted water until bright green, about 15 seconds. Drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and stir until light golden brown, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Increase heat to high; add brussels sprouts. Stir-fry until they begin to soften, 2–3 minutes. Add oyster sauce, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar and pepper. Stir-fry for 30 seconds; add chicken broth. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.riceandbread.com and www.healthyaperture.com