An apple a day keeps the doctor away! Try this apple and pumpkin oatmeal to start your day off right, and get many of the nutrients your body depends on for fertility.
Apple and pumpkin oatmeal recipe for breakfast, dessert, or a snack
- 3 cups old fashioned, thick cut rolled oats
- 3¾ cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup, molasses, or brown sugar for serving
- Cream for serving
- Place oats, water, salt, apples and pumpkin in a large crockpot (I use my 7.5q but a 6q could easily be used for this). Stir around to mix it.
- Place the lid on and turn the crockpot onto the lowest setting.
- Cook for about 8 hours
- Serve with sweetener of your choice and a little cream.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodsofourlives.com and www.healthyaperture.com