So you decided that you want to breastfeed? Or maybe you’re strongly considering it? Well, you’ll need to get prepared to be set up for successful breastfeeding. Whether you’re a month into your pregnancy or a month ahead of your expected delivery date, there are things that you can do to get ready for providing your baby with the nutrients that come from breastfeeding.
A few things you’ll need to do during this preparation are:
- Understanding the benefits and best practices of breastfeeding
- Getting your breast pump
- Choosing a lactation specialist
- Informing your doctor of your breastfeeding plans to understand if there may be any challenges for you
- Planning for skin-to-skin contact directly after you deliver your baby
- Considering how you can make time for breastfeeding
Ovia’s Care Team can help you learn more and prepare for breastfeeding to support you on your journey.
Select the button below to reach out to the Care Team.