Finding out that you’re pregnant from a home pregnancy test may bring a lot of different emotions and thoughts. These will vary by people and their situations. Despite the circumstances, there are things you’ll need to do soon after finding out.
After a positive pregnancy test, some common next steps are to:
- Take some time to process the news and what it means to you.
- Visit a healthcare provider to confirm the results.
- Discuss any personal concerns or risk factors with your healthcare provider.
- Share the news when you’re ready with those you feel comfortable informing.
- Schedule your first prenatal appointment to reduce risks to you and the baby.
- Start taking prenatal vitamins.
- Discuss with your healthcare provider if you should stop taking any current medications with your healthcare provider if you should stop taking any current medicines.
- Ensure your food is safe to eat and rich in protein, iron, and calcium.
- Avoid smoking tobacco, drinking alcohol, or consuming other recreational drugs.
- Seek mental health support if you need help managing stress.
Now that your body is supporting the growth of a little one, it’s important that you take care of yourself. Be proactive, and make healthy choices.
The Ovia Care Team can help you prepare for the next steps now that you have a positive pregnancy test. They can also help you find resources available to you.
Select the button below to reach out to the Care Team.