When you already have children, having another child on the way will impact their lives, too. To help your current children prepare for their newest sibling, you may want to try these tips:
- Explain to them what’s going to happen when the baby arrives.
- Ask them if they have questions, and address any fears, concerns, or signs of jealousy they may have about a new baby joining the family.
- Get them excited about the baby, and point out any benefits that this may mean for them.
- Share with them how they may be able to help you with the baby.
- Tell them how they can interact with the new baby.
- For smaller children, use picture books and interactivate activities about babies and families to help explain the new baby’s arrival.
The Ovia Care Team can help you prepare the siblings for the new baby. They can also help you find resources available to you through your employer.
Select the button below to reach out to the Care Team.