Packed with good-for-you protein, you’re going to love these versatile, flavorful chickpeas. Eat these on their own for a nutritious snack or use them to top other savory dishes. They couldn’t be tastier – or easier to make!
A spicy chickpea recipe for your salad or as a snack
- 1 (15 ounce) can organic chickpeas, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 – 2 teaspoons organic chipotle powder
- 1 teaspoon organic garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 – 2 organic limes, fresh squeezed
- Drain the can of chickpeas, then put them into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the top of the chickpeas, and stir them until they are all coated.
- Sprinkle the chipotle powder, garlic powder, and pink himalayan salt over chickpeas, then stir again so they are all covered with the seasonings.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. After ½ hour, take them out and stir them around, then return them back to the oven for the remaining ½ hour.
- Squeeze the lime juice over them and serve – they’re best when hot.
Image and chickpea salad recipe reprinted with permission from www.thehealthyfamilyandhome.com and www.healthyaperture.com