These bars are the makings of the popular chia pudding, in a frozen pop format! Pull one out of the freezer whenever you are craving something cool, sweet, and interesting!
Makes 6 pops / Prep time: 10 minutes / Total time: 10 minutes + overnight
- 2 cups low-fat plain kefir
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, slightly thawed (they’ll be easier to blend)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- Blend the kefir, strawberries, and honey in a blender until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a bowl and whisk in the vanilla and chia seeds until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, and up to 8 hours.
- Pour the chilled mixture into freezer pop molds and freeze overnight.
- Remove the pops from the molds and store in a sealed bag for up to 1 month.
- Eat as a frozen pop, or defrost in a bowl in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy as cold pudding in the morning.
Per serving: 145 calories, 6 g protein, 20 g carbohydrates, 5 g fiber, 13 g total sugar, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 56 mg sodium, 305 mg potassium (9% DV), 226 mg calcium (23% DV), 61 mg magnesium (15% DV), 0.424 mcg B12 (7% DV), 0.148 mg B6 (7% DV), 0.3 mg iron (1.6% DV)
About the book:
Healthy, Happy Pregnancy Cookbook is the perfect guide for pregnant women. Full of humor, heart, and wisdom, it promotes clean eating and the idea that using food as medicine is the best remedy for dealing with the symptoms that occur most during pregnancy—such as swollen ankles, bloating, and more.
From HEALTHY, HAPPY PREGNANCY COOKBOOK. Copyright © 2016 by Stephanie Clarke and Willow Jarosh. Reprinted with permission of Atria Books, a Division of Simon & Schuster, Inc.