- 1/2 red onion, roughly chopped
- 5 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp canola or coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, woody stems removed
- 4 cups water
- Pre heat oven to 425 F
- Toss onions, carrots and garlic with the oil and evenly spread on a large rimmed sheet pan. Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until tender and caramelized.
- Remove from the oven and add roasted veggies to a medium soup pot – add spices, salt (to taste), thyme and water. Bring soup to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and blend with an immersion blender or in batches in your blender with the top vented.
- Ladle into bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste and additional thyme if desired.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.sundaymorningbananapancakes.yummly.com and www.healthyaperture.com