Who says avocado and chocolate don’t mix? Even though there might not be hard science behind it, we all know that chocolate puts everybody in a better mood, and with the Vitamin C, folate, fiber, and Omega-3s from avocado, this is that rare dessert that gives you all of the nutrients you need to keep your baby developing right, and you comfortable.
- ⅔ cup avocado, mashed. (About 1 large)
- ¼ cup 2 Tbsp chocolate protein powder of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (omit if you just want straight up chocolate)
- ⅔ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Blend the avocado in a food processor until it is very smooth.
- Add in the protein powder, vanilla extract and almond extract and blend until well combined.
- In a medium, microwave safe bowl microwave the chocolate chips for about 1½ minutes, stiring every 20 seconds, until the chips are melted.
- Add the avocado mixture into the bowl of melted chocolate and stir very well until the chocolate is mixed well.
- Cover the bowl with saran wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper, and place the sweetened coconut flakes in shallow plate.
- Using a small cookie scoop the scoop the mixture and roll around in your hands to create even balls.
- Roll each ball around in the coconut flakes and place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodfaithfitness.com and www.healthyaperture.com