- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 large White Onion (diced)
- 3 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 large Zucchini (sliced diagonally, skin on)
- 5 large Tomatoes (sliced)
- 1/2 tablespoon dried Basil
- 5 tablespoons Breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C)
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a fry pan with a bit of salt. Saute onion until translucent and garlic becomes fragrant. Spread onion mixture evenly on the bottom of large baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced zucchini and tomato in rows, overlapping each other. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon olive oil , Basil, salt, and pepper in a saucepan. Toast over medium heat until breadcrumbs have gained a bit of color. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over zucchini and tomato in baking dish.
- Toss pine nuts evenly over dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake in lower third of oven for roughly 30 minutes. If pine nuts start getting to dark, remove from oven immediately. Serve hot.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.veganfamilyrecipes.com and www.healthyaperture.com