- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/4 cup regular molasses
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. plain Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8×8 baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine butter, molasses, brown sugar, and chocolate. Stir until butter and chocolate have melted and everything becomes fully incorporated. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and spices. Stir until fully combined. Add the cooled chocolate molasses mixture and being stirring. When batter begins to moisten, add egg and yogurt, mixing well until everything is fully combined.
- Pour batter into prepared baking pan, using a spatula to ensure that it is evenly distributed. Bake for 20 minutes and allow to cool in pan before slicing into squares.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.runningwithspoons.com and www.healthyaperture.com