Babies need lots of protein and Omega-3 fatty acids to help them build the smartest brains possible, and perhaps no food fills in both of these boxes as completely as salmon. As far as pregnancy foods go, it just really doesn’t get any better than this. ‘En papillote’ is the French way of saying that the ingredients are wrapped up in parchment paper to cook.
- A heaping of dill
- 2 lemons
- Salmon Fillet – 1 lb. or so
- Parchment paper
- Set out the salmon and preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Salt and Pepper the salmon
- Add sliced lemons and dill on top of salmon
- Cut out parchment paper in the shape of a heart (think Valentine’s day, not an anatomically correct heart). It should be large enough to fit the salmon on one side, with a little room to spare. Once it’s cut, place the salmon on one side of the heart.
- Fold the other side of the heart over the salmon and, starting at the pointy bottom of the heart shape, start folding the edges together until the fish is totally sealed in the paper.
- Place pouch on a baking sheet and put into the oven for 20 minutes
- Take out and let rest for 2-3 minutes
- Cut open pouch and serve hot
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.idcookthat.com and www.healthyaperture.com