- 1 small White Onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 large Sweet Potato (peeled, diced)
- 1 large clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 heaping tablespoons of Sweet Corn
- 3 heaping tablespoons of Kidney Beans (or other type of bean)
- 6 tablespoons Breadcrumbs (careful not all breadcrumbs are vegan)
- 1/4 cup Plain Soy Yogurt
- Cayenne Pepper
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 435 F (225 C) and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Heat olive oil in a fry pan on medium heat. Add onion, sweet potato, and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Cover and cook over low heat for 10 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Remove pan from heat and place sweet potato,onion,and garlic into a medium sized bowl. Add spices and mash ingredients together. Set aside for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Add corn, beans, and breadcrumbs to somewhat cooled sweet potato mixture. Mix well with hands and form into 4 large or 6 medium sized patties.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking pan and bake for 15 minutes on one side, flip, and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- While burgers are in the oven make your yogurt sauce by combining yogurt with spices to your taste. Start with a little of each spice and slowly add more until sauce is to your liking.
- Remove burgers from oven, serve on buns with onions, tomato, lettuce and sauce, and enjoy.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.veganfamilyrecipes.com and www.healthyaperture.com