- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup water (as a variation, you could use ½ water and ½ milk of your choice)
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts (lightly toasted or not)
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon flaxseed meal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Place oats,water and pinch of salt in a pan over medium heat and cook until soft and ready – about 5 minutes.
- Place the oatmeal in a serving bowl and add the flaxseed meal if using, and stir to combine. Next, add the chopped nuts and pomegranate seeds. Top with the maple syrup.
- Double the recipe as needed for more servings.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.24carrotkitchen.com and www.healthyaperture.com