- 3 cups old fashioned, thick cut rolled oats
- 3¾ cups water
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Maple syrup, molasses or brown sugar for serving
- Cream for serving
- Place oats, water, salt, apples and pumpkin in a large crockpot (I use my 7.5q but a 6q could easily be used for this). Stir around to mix it.
- Place the lid on and turn the crockpot onto the lowest setting.
- Cook for about 8 hours
- Serve with sweetener of your choice and a little cream.
Image and recipe reprinted with permission from www.foodsofourlives.com and www.healthyaperture.com