Introduction and scope
In this Policy, the term “personal data” refers to information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. The term “you” refers to individuals who come into contact with Ovia.
Personal Data We Collect
We collect personal data from business contacts and potential business contacts and others who come into contact with Ovia as part of Ovia Operations. This may include the following:
- We collect personal contact information, such as name, telephone number, email address, employer, job position, physical address, and social media accounts such as LinkedIn.
- From visitors to our website and recipients of email communications, we may collect device information such as IP address, AdID, cookie ID, browser and operating system, technical information about website page views and email opens, and we may place cookies, tags, pixels and other tracking technologies on your device.
Where Do We Get Personal Data?
We collect personal data both directly and indirectly.
- We collect personal data directly from business contacts as part of Ovia’s sales and marketing activities, such as when you attend an Ovia event or webinar, meet Ovia representatives at a trade show or other public event, respond to an Ovia survey, or subscribe to an Ovia email list.
- We also collect information about business contacts and potential business contacts indirectly, from third parties such as LinkedIn and other social networks, the media and business directories.
- We collect technical and device information from website visitors and email recipients and about usage of Ovia’s networks and equipment automatically.
How and Why Do We Use Personal Data?
We use your personal data for Ovia Operations, including:
- Developing, advertising, marketing and providing Ovia’s products and services and conducting surveys
- Operating and maintaining the security of Ovia’s products, services, equipment and networks
- To comply with law and law enforcement requests
- To conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ovia’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Ovia about employees is among the assets transferred
Lawful Processing. We collect, use and otherwise process personal data as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:
– The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information;
– The performance of the contract we have with you;
– The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject;
– The legitimate interests of Ovia, you or a third party, where not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights or freedoms. Ovia’s legitimate interests include the lawful conduct of its business.
When Do We Share Personal Data?
We share personal data with vendors and contractors who provide services to us and with third parties as reasonably necessary for Ovia Operations. We enter into agreements with our vendors and contractors that require them to keep all personal data confidential and use it only to provide services to Ovia.
We may also share personal data to comply with law and law enforcement requests, to enforce our legal rights, with affiliated companies under common ownership or control with Ovia, and to conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Ovia’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We use Google technology and services to obtain analytics about Ovia’s website. As a result of this, Google obtains and uses certain of your personal data as described here.
To opt out of third party personalized advertising:
- You can use your device’s “Limit Ad Tracking” settings. The Network Advertising Initiative provides useful information here.
- You can download and use the AppChoices app at https://youradchoices.com/.
What Are Your Choices?
You may opt-out of Ovia marketing emails at any time by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any Ovia marketing email or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can limit personalized advertising as described above.
In addition, privacy, data protection and employment laws may give you other rights with respect to your personal data, including the right to access, correct and delete personal data. Ovia honors any consumer data rights provided by applicable law. You can email Ovia at email@example.com to exercise these rights. Ovia may require you to verify your identity in order to exercise these rights.
Ovia protects personal data with security measures that are consistent with industry standards, including background checks on all employees and data encryption in transit and at rest. We will notify you of security incidents as required by law.
We store personal data for the period that your relationship with Ovia is active and then for a further retention period that reflects the period during which we reasonably anticipate you may remain interested in information about Ovia. After this retention period ends, we delete your data.
How to Contact Ovia?
To contact Ovia to exercise your privacy choices, please see “What Are My Choices?” above.
For questions or complaints about Ovia’s processing of personal data, contact us at:
Ovuline, Inc., dba Ovia Health
308 Congress Street, Floor 6,
Boston, MA 02210
You may also have the legal right to lodge a complaint about Ovia’s data processing with your local consumer protection or data protection authority.
Children: Ovia does not knowingly collect personal data under Ovia Operations from children under 13 (for the US) or from individuals for whom parental consent is required for collection or processing of personal data.
Third Party Websites or Apps: Some Ovia properties may take you to websites or apps that are operated by other companies. Ovia is not responsible for the privacy practices of its advertisers, sponsors or others. You should review the privacy policies of those sites and apps.
Legal requirements: Ovia may provide personal data to courts, law enforcement and governmental authorities if required by law or to protect the rights or property of Ovia or third parties. Ovia may access, use and preserve data to comply with law, in anticipation of litigation, or to protect the rights or property of Ovia or third parties, even if the data is subject to a deletion request from you. We may also provide information to law enforcement or authorities to protect the safety of users of the apps or others.
Sale, merger, or change of ownership, transfer to affiliates: If Ovia Health merges with another company, or its equity securities or all or a part of its assets are sold to a third party, your personal data may be transferred to the buyer or successor entity. Your personal data may also be shared with affiliated companies under common ownership or control with Ovia.
Changes to this Policy
Ovia may modify this Policy from time to time by posting an updated version of the Policy.
Last updated: 14 January, 2022