Uncovering State Sharing Practices for Birth Method-of-Delivery Data in the United States
Published: American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
Authors: Bradley, Danielle MS, MPH Candidate; Landau, Erin; Jesani, Noreen MPH Candidate; Baron, Alex PhD; Wolfberg, Adam MD
Access to quality indicator data is necessary for informed healthcare decision making.
In a publication and presentation at the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) annual meeting, Ovia Health uncovered just how difficult it is for the average patient to access live-saving quality data to inform their healthcare choices.
In order to bring these data to patients and help inform decisions to improve outcomes, Ovia has created our own validated dataset of quality indicators. These tools can help patients avoid adverse outcomes, like unnecessary intervention and C-sections that often lead to dangerous and costly complications.
About Ovia Health
Ovia Health has helped over 14 million women and families. We offer a comprehensive maternity and family benefits solution from preconception and pregnancy through return-to-work and parenthood.
- Engages women early, and sustains long term daily participation
- Actively encourages partners to participate in the process
- Includes predictive coaching and mobile alerts for identified health issues
- Supports return-to-work with a proven approach
- Boosts utilization across an employer’s benefit ecosystem
- Drives behavior change and reduces maternity costs